.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

July 23, 2007

SON AND FUN



He’s definitely changing. More than physically. After spending two weeks with him, I’m convinced that a teenager has replaced the boy in him. For me, it’s a little sad knowing how fast he’s grown up and that he’s past the boy stage. Physically he continues to grow, but his mind is working differently know. Last year, I did a top 10 of my observations. As I look back at them, I think all but six and seven are true. He got one B on his report card and he did cry this time. Here’s my top 10 observations for this year:

1 He’s definitely more opinionated. I’m used to making all the decisions on what we will do and eat, etc. Not anymore.
2 He’s into hip hop. I wish I could relate. I’m just grateful he’s into music.
3 Serious father-son conversations still upset him. There’s a fine line there that I’ve yet to figure out.
4 He’s into his two new cats. I think they are making him a happier kid.
5 We’ve been doing the water park resort for four years now. For the first time, I wonder if he’s gonna be too old for that next year?
6 He’s really into his hair and his clothes. Part of that teenage thing I was referring to.
7 Chocolate chip cookie dough is his favorite ice cream flavor unless we go to Cold Stone where Cake Batter takes over the #1 flavor. Ewww.
8 I love taking him to movies and hearing him laugh.
9 He’s already talking to me about what kind of car would be nice to drive.
10 He still likes to wrestle. But his kicks and chops and jumps are doing more damage to me these days. It’s not long before he kicks my a**
See additional pix at flickr badge

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Aww - he is looking more and more like you every day. And I like hip hop too.

    Jess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM, July 23, 2007  

  • He'll probably always like hip hop, but I seem to recall that most boys eventually ease into other types of music in their later high school years. So all hope is not lost.

    Love the picture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM, July 24, 2007  

  • I love this post! And the pic.

    I particularly like observation #4. I never had any pets growing up and I think it's important.

    Hip hop. Can't relate to that either. Kids these days....

    ;)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 6:21 PM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home