.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

July 20, 2006

FATHER & SON


Posted by Picasa more pix in Flicker badge below

I lay (yes, l-a-y is correct. see table below) in bed staring at him this morning knowing it would be our last for a while. That’s when you know what they mean by heavy heart because you can actually feel it. A week has come and gone like a flash of lightning in an Arizona monsoon. Top 10 things I learned about Andy this week?

1 He keeps growing like a weed nearing five-feet now. He’s still skinny as a reed, however.
2 The kid’s got real talent as a basketball player.
3 I think he could also become a star tennis player and golfer. My only question is whether he’ll learn that playing sports involves contact and that kids can be rough.
4 For his age and size, he doesn’t eat much.
5 I’d say his favorite food right now is Chicken Fingers in Ranch Dressing
6 I think he’s getting used to the idea of me coming and going. Perhaps that comes with age. He was sad but didn’t cry when I left. I think that’s a good thing.
7 He’s very smart. Got straight A’s on his report card. His favorite subject is science and his least favorite is social studies.
8 He’s gonna need braces.
9 He’s totally into Star Wars now. Most of his birthday gifts were Star Wars-related.
10 He’s still a night owl like his mother and father. Getting him to sleep prior to midnight is impossible.


Definition- Present- Past- Past Participle- Present Participle
to lay- to put or place something down- lay(s)- laid- laid- laying
to lie- to rest or recline- lie(s)- lay- lain- lying


9 Comments:

  • I read this post and I felt my eyes fill with tears. It's obvious that you love your son, but you're an observant parent- evenw hen you're not with him every day. That's an amazing thing.

    Thank you for sharing your life with us. I wish you all the best and I look forward to reading more.

    By Blogger The Butterfly Temptress, at 9:45 AM, July 20, 2006  

  • When I was his age, I LOVED tennis (still do!). I also didn't like social studies.....and I needed braces. During my entire childhood, getting me to sleep before midnight was a real headache, still is ;)

    I think your son is way cool :)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:44 PM, July 20, 2006  

  • I imagine you two are pretty similar at that age

    By Blogger Sass, at 6:31 PM, July 20, 2006  

  • Thanks Cat and Butterfly. Or isn't Dog and Butterfly? At any rate, yes Sass he's eerily similar to me at that age especially considering I didn't have my father around either.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 8:44 PM, July 20, 2006  

  • hey there Mr. Noser... I am glad that you had a good time with your son. Been a while so i figured I would say hello. Hope life is going alright
    **Miss Ryder**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM, July 20, 2006  

  • nice. it's nice that you are taking the time to get to "know" him as a person. i feel like a lot of parents take their kids for granted in that respect.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 3:57 PM, July 21, 2006  

  • Thank you for sharing the pictures of you and Andy. Its nice to see you with him Todd.

    By Blogger Smiles, at 5:31 PM, July 23, 2006  

  • Lie v. Lay...Isn't it also that one is transitive and the other intransitive (one must have an object). I can never remember which is which, though. I remember it as 'Now I lay me down to sleep."
    Great blog. I look forward to reading it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM, July 23, 2006  

  • Thanks Sherri and welcome, Neska.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 1:03 AM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home