.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

July 30, 2006

ONLY IN STARBUCKS



While I’m on the subject of Starbucks, Andy and I witnessed this little episode up while he drank his mocha frappuccino and I sipped my iced venti unsweetened iced coffee (loaded with seven sweet ‘n lows, cinnamon, and half-and-half).

A rather flustered Elton John-looking character came into the store and said to the Barista, “Can I have a tall straw, please?” The Barista handed him the straw, but Elton sort of looked at her strangely. He said to her, “No, I wanted the tall straw not the small one.” She replied, “Sir, in Starbucks that IS the tall straw. You should have asked for the venti straw.”

5 Comments:

  • The new Elton John or the retro-Elton John? Because one is a lot freakier looking than the other. As I read the post, I envisioned the retro-Elton John, very flamboyant drag queen ;-)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:12 PM, July 31, 2006  

  • Bingo, cat.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 7:45 PM, July 31, 2006  

  • Goof ball. Only in Star bucks is the person behind the counter called a Barista....well in the states anyway.

    By Blogger Sass, at 12:03 AM, August 01, 2006  

  • i make it a point to order Small, medium and Large when at a starbucks. I refuse to give in to them.

    By Blogger Lyss, at 11:37 AM, August 01, 2006  

  • lmao retro Elton in Starbucks! I have only been in there once, I cant handle it, what is wrong with Small, Medium or Large? Did we leave an English speaking country and I was not aware? I could have even handled French I suppose lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home