.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 11, 2008

DEJA VU

I’ve been here before. More than once, in fact. So I should know better. I do know better. Our lives are filled with plenty of mistakes made. The key is learning from them, isn’t it? I realize I’m hard on myself, but one of the biggest problems I have with “me” is not learning from mistakes. That requires among other things, common sense, a sound mind, and good judgment. I feel like I possess them. But for me, they are clouded by, of all things, hope.

I’m still reviewing the situation, and I know hope has no business here. I know not because of being hit in the face with a frying pan, but by keenly observing and listening. The clues are subtle but there. It's possible I'm wrong but doubtful. So by all means, I should dismiss hope and spare myself an extremely difficult letdown. I really thought I could, but now I’m not so sure. Déjà vu.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • Maybe your lesson isn't about finding love but about love unconditionally. not everyone that we love love us, so the best thing is to continue to love but expect nothing in return.

    Then we are truly FREE. Loving another and expect no return has an intoxicating effect. it does make the other person, the object of your affection pauses and thinks ... oh my gosh, I might have missed something so valuable here.

    Love yourself first -- then you can really proclaim if you had loved and perhaps lost.

    Life is beautiful and you can choose to see it this way.

    It's best to have loved and lost then not to love at all.

    Until the song is over, it's not over, until you are on your dead bed only then you can say you've lost.

    Events in our lives define who you are and how significant others are in our lives. You really never know the outcome of anything lest you give up.

    The outcome of given up is certain but there is no other certainty in life except change.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM, May 13, 2008  

  • So vague.





    .... wondering left.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 AM, May 14, 2008  

  • Don't review the situation. Move on. Yes, yes, easier said than done. But do it.

    (Y'know me, just being blunt)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:14 PM, May 14, 2008  

  • You'll find someone who won't take advantage of your generous nature. You'll find someone who "gets" you.

    And I agree with Cat -- move on and find her.

    ~Kabe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 AM, May 15, 2008  

  • I wish I could move on, but at present, I can't. High risk, high reward. That's me.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 10:37 AM, May 25, 2008  

  • awww Plantation...I have no cliches to quote. Thinking of you. That is all.

    Amanda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM, May 26, 2008  

  • You CAN move on! I believe in you!

    And... I'm glad you're posting again.

    By Blogger southernfemme, at 1:04 PM, May 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home