.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

January 24, 2007

HEROES OR VILLAINS?








If I were Lost’s creator JJ Abrams, I’d be scratchin’ my head. I saw my first Heroes episode last night and I immediately began noticing a troubling trend. There were too many similarities between it and Lost. Let’s start with the logos. Pretty close, huh? Yeah and it got worse. The opening five minutes of the episode ended in high suspense and a quick cut to the logo… just like Lost does. The episode was riddled with character flashbacks… just like Lost. There’s a pretty blonde named Claire… just like Lost. There was an African-American father and son who were separated from the boy’s mother…just like Lost. There was an Indian guy names Suresh who looked and sounded like Lost’s Sayid. There was a hunky troubled guy named Isaac who resembled Lost’s Sawyer. And there was a mystery list of names that apparently is key to the show’s heroes just like there is a list of names on Lost that The Others have and whose mystery is still unknown.

That was just an hour’s worth of observations, but I’m convinced that Heroes is a Lost rip-off. JJ, I’d sue if I were you.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Very interesting theory. I'll be interested to see wht others have to say.
    Hope you are well,
    N

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • sorry 'bout the typo :-(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • holy cow, why did I never realize this?!?! I've REALLy enjoyed heroes, almost more than lost lately... can't wait to hear what you like about it :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:08 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • That is awesome.

    There have been a million references to Heroes as an X-Men rip-off, but I think you have come upon a truly original theory.

    By Blogger Bart, at 9:31 AM, January 25, 2007  

  • Innnnnnteresting.

    I don't watch either, but the pictures are convincing enough! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM, January 25, 2007  

  • Never watched either one, but I like how you honed in on all these very curious details.

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:56 PM, January 25, 2007  

  • I checked it out. Resemblance is pretty exact but, story is very different.

    Did you see the show yet?

    It is pretty interesting.

    Alfredo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 PM, January 27, 2007  

  • Amazing, and likely accurate, theory. Funny thing is, I don't particularly like either show. Too many characters, too many plot lines, too much to think about.

    I likes my TV simple and stupid. Like me on a Monday night.

    By Blogger Elizabeth Krecker, at 1:10 AM, January 29, 2007  

  • I've stopped watching LOST and have heard people recommend Heroes, but I asked the same thing, isn't it, well, the same?! I don't want to get into another show all full of questions and no answers.

    By Blogger Amy, at 4:05 PM, February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home