.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 30, 2006

HALF-BAKED

There are two sides to every story, right? And I’ve only given you one of them so the cake is still half-baked. I’ve written a lot about the negative part(s) of online dating. Some say too much. I think the quote was, “we get the point.” True but hey, it’s my blog after all, right? But I’m happy to report that yes, there ARE positives to internet dating. There have been some recent developments that leave me optimistic. Roads to choose; decisions to make; people to see; come here, go there? Who knows where anything will lead; only time will tell. I just wanted you to know. Yeah I know, details details, but you’re gonna have to wait. The cake isn’t completely baked yet.

5 Comments:

  • I owe you an apology, Todd. My previous comment was far too harsh, and frankly, unnecessary. My frustrations were misdirected and were really intended for all the "bitches" out there. You are such a good person and deserve all the love in the world. Never stop believing. Never stop reaching for the stars.

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 9:09 AM, May 31, 2006  

  • Peach - Now that's sweet, very sweet of you.

    Plant - Through all the good and bad of it (dating), I hope you stay true to yourself and - as difficult as it sometimes may be - just enjoy the ride. Also, as always, please continue sharing with us :)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 12:33 PM, May 31, 2006  

  • it IS your blog darnit, say what you want!! I hope that you see more joys than frustrations down this road and certainly, when you can, we want DETAILS!!!

    (Good luck!)

    By Blogger Amy, at 12:51 PM, May 31, 2006  

  • There are all sorts of weirdos online and in the real world too--you seem to be able to take things humorously and not lose hope of finding the right person. I think you have a great attitude, and reading what you share about your disapointment as well as your excitement gives the whole process a little more dignity and compassion.
    I met my ex-boyfriend (who I still respect and am friends with) and my current boyfriend (who I'm totally crazy about) though online dating. Especially for those of us who love typing, it's (usually) a fun adventure.

    Hang in there. And thanks for sharing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM, May 31, 2006  

  • It's true, I've met a boatload of weirdos in regular-life-dating and have only just started online dating figuring it can't possibly be worse. Besides your stories are hilarious! Why stop now!

    Seriously, you have a deep and tender soul and will find your soulmate regardless of methodology, I'm certain!

    Best to you!

    By Blogger Elizabeth Krecker, at 1:00 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home