.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

February 08, 2006

MIRACLES NEVER CEASE


Nearly three months ago, I brain dumped everything I had studied for that lousy CIA Exam. Studying at this age is torture. The brain just doesn’t seem to have any more capacity for rote memorization. It was my forte in college but that was long ago. I decided that pass or fail, this was my last time studying for this thing.

Grades were passed out last week only I didn’t get mine. My everyday mailbox check felt like dead man walking. I turned the key slowly, heart pumping faster, sifted through the junk mail, and nothing. This went on for a week before I emailed the Institute. They responded the next day. I was in a meeting when my blackberry buzzed. My heart jumped. I excused myself from the meeting and walked in to my office and closed the door. I clicked on the email nervously. Before I could even figure out what happened I saw the C-word.

Dear Mr. Moser:

Congratulations
on your successful completion of the November 2005 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) examination! On behalf of the Board of Regents and Board of Directors of The Institute of Internal Auditors, I am pleased to announce that you have satisfied all of the requirements of the CIA program and have therefore earned the Certified Internal Auditor designation.

Altamonte Springs, Fla. -- Todd A. Moser was named today as a Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). The CIA designation is awarded to internal audit professionals who have met the rigorous requirements of The IIA's CIA program, including a four-part examination, as well as high standards of character, education, and experience.

I friggin’ passed? I friggin’ passed! This rattled around in my CIA-vacated brain for a good five minutes. Wow, a sense of accomplishment. It has been eons since I’d felt that. I was proud of myself. I don’t know how I did it, but it’s over now. It’s rare I give myself a pat on the back. This was one of those times and who knows if and when there will be a next time. I’m gonna enjoy this one for a little while if you don’t mind.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home