.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

October 17, 2005

HITTING THE BOOKS


The time has come; I've run out of free passes. I can't procrastinate any longer. Next month is my last shot at taking the dreaded Certified Internal Audit (CIA) exam. Two years ago, I passed three of four parts. A move from Phoenix, a divorce, a new job, another new job, etc. have all contributed to my two-year procrastination. When I first took this thing, my former bitch boss forced me and the whole department to take the exam. That was then. I'm in such a different place in my life now. Passing this exam won't do a thing for me. I could honestly care less if I have three more letters next to my name. I guess the only reason I'm taking it is because I put forth such an effort two years ago. Somehow, I don't want to see all that effort go to waste. So for the next four weeks, I'm gonna buckle down and study. I'm not sure if this old brain of mine can retain anything anymore. I can usually achieve something if I put my mind to it, but I'm so NOT motivated. Oh well, time to get to it. I may be a stranger and not contribute to this fledgling blog as often as I'd like so bear with me.

9 Comments:

  • Hi Todd,
    Go for it! After all you've nothing to lose if you study further and get those 3 alphabets right next to your name.
    Rather than lamenting why you did not study when you had a chance, i reckon, its THE best time to study further. All The Best

    Niraj (Mumbai, India)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM, October 18, 2005  

  • Good luck with your exam Todd. My door is always open don't forget that..

    By Blogger Smiles, at 9:28 AM, October 18, 2005  

  • UH! I've had friends take that exam. They were MIA for months studying. Good luck - I am sure you will do well.

    I procrastinate procastinating - know this feeling well.

    By Blogger Sass, at 11:32 AM, October 18, 2005  

  • Good luck! You can do it! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • Thanks all; and welcome Niraj.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 3:30 AM, October 19, 2005  

  • Good luck! Welcome back to the studying world. :) If you were back at UF, you could keep me company in Norman Library.

    Do you have to take all 4 parts again or only the 1 you didn't pass?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:21 AM, October 19, 2005  

  • GFF, I wish I could take you up on the offer. Keeping you company in Norman would be fun. I only have to take 1 part, thankfully.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 8:35 PM, October 19, 2005  

  • You'll be fine, esp since you have so much practical experience, Besides, you'll feel better for having finished it. And with those nice three letters you have a really good reason to ask for a raise.

    By Blogger Lyss, at 4:37 PM, October 20, 2005  

  • You can so do this, PT. Pack that brain full!

    XO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home