.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

December 30, 2005

REFLECTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS

I guess it’s cliché to have a post about New Year’s. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to write down for myself what I did and didn’t do this year and what I’m going to try to accomplish in 2006. So here goes. *Sigh*

Comparatively speaking, 2005 was a much better year than 04. But that’s not really saying much. I think 04 may have been the worst year of my life. But when I think abut 04, I realize just how far I’ve come. Overall, I’m pretty happy. I feel good mentally, and I’m still learning a lot about myself. I got divorced, got a new job, and moved closer to work. All three of those contributed greatly to reducing the amount of stress in my life. So I give myself a few Brownie points for those things.

Socially, this year’s been pretty much a flop. As bad as 04 was, I met some amazing people and had some wonderful times. This year, not so much. Fewer dates, fewer good times, fewer interesting people than last year. The one person I thought I had a connection with sort of self-destructed during/after a concert.

But on the other hand (queue the sappy music), I met more wonderful people this year via blogging. You guys know who you are out there. You rock! And, I have managed to keep most of my blogging friends that I met last year. Your friendships all mean a lot to me, really. I also know that there are many of you who read but don’t necessarily comment. Thanks all for your continued readership.

On a personal note (wait, it’s all personal isn’t it?), I didn’t finish my book once again, and I didn’t maintain my weight. I think I did an OK job keeping up with the blogging, but I guess you guys are the judges and jury for that one. So my #1 New Year’s resolution is to finish my book and get some book proposals in front of some agents. #2 is to lose 10 pounds and get back to a regular exercise program. #3 is to keep blogging. #4 is to buy a new bed. And lastly? I guess you all know the answer to that one, but I’m going to make it optional. Yes, it would be nice to meet ‘someone,’ but I’m not putting undue pressure on myself. Who knows, maybe I’ve already met her and I just don’t know it? Heck, if it happens, it happens. And maybe that’s the most important thing I’ve accomplished this year. I’ve learned to be comfortable with my simple life, able to live alone without needing someone else, and not feeling the pressure and need to find that certain someone.

They say when you stop looking, that’s when it happens. Let’s see what 2006 brings, shall we?

Happy New Year!

5 Comments:

  • Best of luck with everything in 2006 and beyond!

    By Blogger Denise, at 2:30 PM, December 30, 2005  

  • I am back again! :-)

    I wish you a Happy 2006, hoping that will be better than 2005 :-)

    Ciao!

    Elisa (just posted her resolutions on her blog)

    By Blogger Liz, at 2:35 PM, December 31, 2005  

  • Hopefully you have meet that special someone, it's always good to love and be loved. I wish you a wonderful 2006, may everything you want come true. Take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM, December 31, 2005  

  • Hey Mr Noser~

    I hope that you have a wonderful 2006... and one good thing in 05 was that you met me!~ :)
    Take care Sir~
    Yours Truly
    Miss Ryder!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM, December 31, 2005  

  • Hi Todd,

    It has been my experience that Mr/Ms. Right comes along when you're not looking and it could be someone you already know.

    I wish you the best in 2006. Good health and more good friends.

    Happy New Year!

    Mari

    By Blogger Nica, at 11:35 PM, December 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home