.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

July 23, 2005

DEAR STEPHANIE,


Posted by Picasa Photo courtesy of Christopher Smith for The New York Times

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it.
With each glance and every little movement, you show it.

Love is all around, no need to waste it.
You can have the town, why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all.
You're gonna make it after all.

Lyrics by Paul Williams for the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

NYNY,


Soon after I “met” you online this past October, I told my friends and family that you were going to be the next big thing. I never had a doubt. Stephanie, simply put, I’m so proud and happy for you. Jeez Louise, girl! Book deals, sitcoms, The New York Times, where will it end? So is it gonna be Leno or Letterman? Thanks for befriending me, trusting me, and bringing me along for the ride. Tell NBC you have a theme song in mind for your new show.

Luv,
Plantation

12 Comments:

  • How inspiring! And what a sweet ode to her, Plantation.
    But, kudos to you too- a quote in the NY Times is cool too!
    Just shows how you never know where life can take you, adversity to oportunity.

    By Blogger claire, at 8:28 PM, July 23, 2005  

  • The real question is, how'd you start blogging, anyway? Jus' askin'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM, July 24, 2005  

  • E, I'd call it a virtual tie between you and Stephanie. Both of you have definitely been instrumental in getting me this far. Now howz about helping me get my book published?

    By Blogger Plantation, at 12:07 AM, July 24, 2005  

  • your obsession with stephanie klein is just plain creepy. shes not going to marry you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:49 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • Anon, how do you know? I haven't asked her yet.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 1:37 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • It's good to see things happening for Miss Klein. She's one of the internet's sweethearts and a real gem. Kudos to her and great quote in the article Plantation.

    By Blogger Sass, at 5:50 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • Plantation, dear. First my book, then yours. I mean, really. If you want someone to help you publish your book, why would you ask me? I don't have a five-figure book deal or a feature article in the Times...just sayin'...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • I think it is *super cool* that you were quoted in the NY Times! Way to go!!

    By Blogger Mrs. Architect, at 11:41 AM, July 26, 2005  

  • Hey, I gave Plantation the nickname. Let's just keep that in mind there Esther. Thank you very much Plantation, for the post, the quote, and the support. Really, thank you very much.

    By Blogger Stephanie Klein, at 5:28 PM, July 26, 2005  

  • Oh, Stephanie, neighbor, fellow writer...let's not fight over who claims PT as a blogchild. May your success fuel that of other writers everywhere...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 PM, July 26, 2005  

  • So let's get to the *real* issue. Who's the better karaoke singer??

    By Blogger Plantation, at 2:22 AM, July 27, 2005  

  • So not a question. Don't make me bust out the Bon Jovi.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM, July 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home