.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

August 06, 2008

THE UBIQUITOUS BLOG

When I started this b-l-o-g almost four years ago, I had just learned the meaning of the word. I liked it. I liked doing something new and different, and when I told people, “I have a blog,” they looked at me sideways and usually uttered something to the effect of, “A what?” I like being ahead of the curve rather than being a bandwagon jumper. Blogging was new and evolving.

Well we all know by now that today’s a different story. Blogs are everywhere. Every category is covered. Every newsperson has one. A ton of celebrities probably do as well. I can’t seem to go a day without hearing the once unheard of word ‘blog.’ It feels different now. The concept is stale to me and old-hat. Blog. Everyone has a blog. Every website seemingly has one. I’m no longer ahead of the curve but part of the masses. And that’s disappointing.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m still gonna write because I need to for my own self preservation and sanity. But to me, the concept and the word b-l-o-g are passé.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Agreed. It's hard to stay fresh with the blog anymore. But I will say it feels good to be a blog-veteran :)

    What do you think is the "new thing" right now? Facebook? Twitter?

    By Blogger Caterina, at 12:48 PM, August 12, 2008  

  • I remember finding your blog by hitting the "next blog" button...almost four years ago. My how that/you helped change my life. Literally! Sorry I've been a crappy blogger/blog reader/commenter. Sure glad you came back and didn't leave forever.

    By Blogger Mrs. Architect, at 11:48 AM, September 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home