.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

July 30, 2007

GOODBYE OLD FRIEND


I had an inkling it might be the last time. I’d already given him my customary goodbye hug and had told him to be a good doggie. But as I walked away from the couch I turned back to give him another hug. It turns out it was indeed the last one. Two weeks later, my little Zekie is gone. He lived a great life. Almost 15 years. I think what amazed me most about "Ears," as I affectionately called him, was that I only visited once a year for the past four years, yet every time he’d see me, I’d lie on the floor and he’d jump on my stomach and lick me to death, bad breath and all. I don’t know how he recognized me, but I believe he did. He was a great pet and a great friend. Our reunions were short but sweet and although I only got to see him once a year, I know I’ll miss him a lot. *Sigh*

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Oh, PT, not you, too. I'm so sorry to hear about Zekie. Hang in there. XOXOX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM, July 30, 2007  

  • I'm so very sorry about Zeke. I truly understand how precious your memories of him are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM, July 30, 2007  

  • This made me cry....oh Plant, I hope you're doing ok. Pets are important to me, so I am really sorry to hear about your Zekie. He looked like a special lil' fellar :)

    By Blogger Caterina, at 9:22 AM, July 31, 2007  

  • *HUGS* right back at you, PT. Much love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM, July 31, 2007  

  • I'm so sad and sorry for this. What a great addition to the family--so glad you had Zekie while you did.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM, August 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home