.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

November 02, 2006

SPLENDID ISOLATION



Don't want to wake up with no one beside me
Don't want to take up with nobody new
Don't want nobody coming by without calling first
Don't want nothing to do with you

Lyrics by Warren Zevon from "Splendid Isolation"

I'm done dating for 2006. I've canceled all my online subscriptions. I need a break and some "me" time. I'm starting it off by going to see Pete Yorn in concert tomorrow. Have a listen. Review forthcoming.

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Caterina, at 6:42 PM, November 02, 2006  

  • That totally captures the state I was in right before I met my husband. How ironic.

    The music sounds like something you can really get drunk to, at least I could :)

    Have a great time at the concert!

    By Blogger Caterina, at 6:43 PM, November 02, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 11:55 AM, November 03, 2006  

  • You are a good guy, Plantman, with a lot to offer the right person. Stop looking. Start living. Love will find you.

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 11:56 AM, November 03, 2006  

  • I think that is the way to go. Take some time on the sidelines and see the action, you will be able to get a better view of the world going by. You will notice little thing and create great blogs for us to read and enjoy.

    By Blogger Alfredito Rivera, at 4:12 PM, November 08, 2006  

  • When I realized that if you were to put 50 nice guys and one jerk in a room, the jerk would be the one to ask me out every time, I decided it might be good to quit dating for a while. I went through about three years when I didn't date, a period I affectionately call "The Valley of Shadow."

    It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

    By Blogger Elizabeth Krecker, at 11:57 AM, November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home