.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

October 22, 2006

AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT

I've been told if I didn't have any bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I was reminded of that statement tonight while driving back from comedy show (review forthcoming). On my way to the show, I was running a bit late but was making good time during my 45-minute drive. I was about five minutes from the venue when I saw the flashing red lights and downed gates. Frickin' train. While waiting for the seemingly endless train, I sat and wondered how many other routes I could have taken to avoid this damn train. Tick, tick, tick; time was a wasting. Ten minutes doesn't seem so long when you view it in words, but when you're waiting for a train and you're about to miss your comedy show, it may as well been a year. Thankfully, the train ended, the gates went up, and I made it to the show on time.

I had completely forgot about the train incident. That is, until I approached the very same intersection some three hours later. Would you believe??? I mean what are the odds???

2 Comments:

  • It was good to hear from you, Plantman. It looks like the more things change, the more they stay the same.

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 3:16 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • I've had that kinda luck :P

    Imagine two trains and a drawbridge....that's what I used to deal with on my daily commute, somedays I'd have to wait on all three!

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:30 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home