.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

August 29, 2006

TIS THE SEASON



To be jolly? Well, not exactly. Hurricane season means lots of angry, cranky, panicky, crazy people. Ernesto’s on our doorstep. It’s not even a hurricane (yet), but the panic has set in. I went out at lunch time to pick up some water, a few supplies, and some much needed gas. Food and water I got. Gas, not so much. I should have known better. Lines were miles long and I quickly gave up after three tries. I tried again after work but to no avail. I should have stuck with my foolproof hurricane gas plan which is simply outlasting the millions of crazies here and going for a late night gas run around 2:00 a.m. But even that plan has some flaws. It actually took me another three tries. It wasn’t the lines but the lack of gas. Yeah, gas stations resemble crime scenes around here with their yellow tape draped around the station indicating there is no gas to be had. And much to my surprise, people are catching on to my plan. I actually had to wait to fill up. Imagine the nerve of some people! But I guess that’s what it takes around here when it’s “The Season.” It takes a lotta nerve. Now if we could only combine that with patience, we might survive another hurricane season.

3 Comments:

  • Patience-that is the key. People go crazy and ramsack the supermarkets and whathave you.

    I never get it.

    By now we should stores should be prepared for the season and have overstock of canned goods and water and power plants to be able to serve customers after the storm.

    well, i guess this should a blog of its own.

    good luck!

    By Blogger Alfredito Rivera, at 9:36 AM, August 29, 2006  

  • Hang in there, PT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 PM, August 29, 2006  

  • It's like here in the winter with the Blizzards, almost the same thing except with snow and wind. There are gas lines and stores sold out of everything. I just stay home, snuggle up on the couch and watch movies until it all blows over, unless the electricity goes out, then I'm screwed!

    By Blogger Nica, at 1:16 AM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home