.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

August 26, 2006

SIZE MATTERS


Dr. R. Albrecht, ESA/ESO Space Telescope European Coordinating Facility; NASA

Poor Pluto. It got demoted. I guess it’s not big enough and can’t pull its own weight among other things. So we’re left with eight classic planets now. Pluto has been relegated to a dwarf planet, whatever that means.

Speaking of which, how can it be that I wore a size 8 ½ shoe up until last year, and now I wear a size 10? Wow, if I can figure that one out and get other parts to grow I might be a millionaire in the making. Size matters.

3 Comments:

  • Pregnancy expanded my foot from a size 9 to a 10, and that's where its remained ever since. In fact, pregnancy has a way of expanding all sort of body parts. So, following your line of reasoning, why the hell aren't all women who have ever been pregnant millionaires? Hmm?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM, August 26, 2006  

  • For 25 years, I was 5'2" tall. Visits to the doctor's office confirmed this. Then, a few years ago, i went to the doctor's office and, lo and behold, my height was 5'3". Not possible, I said, and made them measure me with every tool they had. The answer stayed the same: 5'3". Thank heavens my eyes are hazel, or I'd have blown my own rhyme!

    By Blogger Elizabeth Krecker, at 9:22 AM, August 28, 2006  

  • Two words, fallen arches. Gravity is our enemy, as the arch falls, the foot lengthens.

    Elizabeth, on the other hand, is a freak of nature or is entered a 2nd puberty! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home