.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

August 21, 2006

PLAGIARIZED


photo courtesy of Stephanie Klein

It’s true. Stephanie Klein stole my book ending. Can you imagine such a thing? Her struggles, her disappointments, her sublimation, her search for a publisher, and her search for a soul mate have all come to an end. She’s found herself. She’s happy. The end.

OK, I need to rewrite my ending anyway because my life’s not exactly working out as hers is. And I’m genuinely happy for her. I can’t believe she’s actually getting married in less than a month. I’m sure the guest list for the wedding must be a mile long. I’ve been wondering if I might receive something exciting in the mail. I know realize I won’t and part of me is disappointed. Oh sure, I understand my place in her life. I feel fortunate just to know her and have had a chance to meet her. But what I’ll miss is the witnessing of pure joy and a culmination of what I’ve been reading about in her life for the past two years. It’s one thing to read about it and view pictures, but there’s no substitute for that raw emotion of seeing the look of love in Stephanie and Phil’s eyes. Greek and Suitor as they’re perhaps better known in the blogosphere.

To both of you, as Voltaire once said, I wish you “the best of all possible worlds.” I’ll be there in spirit.

7 Comments:

  • I first read about Stephanie after an article in my local newspaper. The "girl crush" was immediate and I'm hooked. I found you through her links and I check in often. I just wanted to say that you will find your happy ending. It's only a matter of time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM, August 22, 2006  

  • Angle for an invite. She has lots of single friends.(Though how subtly (sp?) can one angle this post?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • AFTER. How subtly can one angle AFTER this post? D'oh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • You'll find your happy ending, just keep the faith.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • Here's the good news: everyone loves a happy ending! Your book can definitely have one, too. Equally fabulous, even.

    What would be the fun of it being the same as Stephanie's? Put a PT twist on it!

    (Although, your pregnancy would certainly guarantee you a publishing deal.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM, August 22, 2006  

  • Thank you all for the best wishes and a welcome "hi" to Kari. Baby Jane, maybe you should ask Stephanie if I'm indeed a stalker.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 10:03 PM, August 23, 2006  

  • (curtsy) Thanks! I enjoy your writing. I even laugh out loud (at work and my co-worker thinks I'm nuts)!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home