.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

June 15, 2006

TRUE COLORS

She actually said it best herself. It’s right there in her comment, “you don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to judging women.” I would concur because I DEFINITELY misjudged her character. She has slung some of the sharpest arrows ever commented on this blog. “See, Plantman, this is what I was talking about when I said you play the role of victim. We get the point...online dating- dating in general- sucks. But, enough already. We get the point. Perhaps its time to step away from the keyboard, jump in the shower, and scrub that target of your chest.” For that reason, I decided I no longer wanted her friendship. I don’t want or need any negativity. She’s since apologized feeling she was too harsh on me.

Today she asked me why I have tried to erase her from my life and not remain friends as I had hoped for. It has never been my intention to argue back-and-forth in a useless pissing contest. I’ve not at all assaulted her character in any way. In my response to her, I stated that her blog entry disgusted me. I’m sorry, the image of two adults drunk off their asses and flying into bed on the first meeting did just that. So I told her and she got nasty. Here’s how it went down.

PEACH: You asked if we could remain friends, and I had hoped that you were going to stand by that. I am a firm believer in not burning life's bridges. But you seem to have (tried) to erase me completely from your life, i.e. deleting all my contact information. And I just noticed that you eradicated Immediate Gratification as a part of your Amazing Blogger Family. Why?

PLANTATION: Yes, I did ask about friendship. Perhaps I would have stood by it, but things seemed to change immediately. You decided to go into attack mode for whatever reason. I've tried to remain gentlemanly cuz I don't want to get into pissing contests. You made some, what I would call, rude comments. It's your opinion and everyone has one and that's fine. It's you being brutally honest or whatever. And you apologized but I believe your true feelings really came out and later, you reconsidered. I've tried to rid negative people from my life. I just don't need any of that any more. You told me about your daughters and all that and wanting to spend time with them and less on the computer. Then I read your 'drunken sailor' post which quite honestly disgusted me. Hey, it's your life, not mine. I guess I'm not who you thought I was and vise versa.

That's just the way I feel. I'm sorry.

PEACH: I will not apologize to you for the things I do, and I certainly feel no need to justify anything to you. The fact that you are disgusted means little to me. I suggest you not read my blog then (as I will no longer be reading yours). I used my daughters as an excuse and tried to take the high road about the reasons I didn't want to see you anymore to spare your feelings. The truth is, Todd, you are a whiney little man. And I mean that quit literally.

PLANTATION: I debated responding. Like I said, I didn't want to get into a pissing contest. I don't expect any apologies or justifications nor did I ask for any. Nice dig there at the end. I'm gonna save that one.


I don’t think I need to say anything else about her. She’s done that all by herself. "The truth is, Todd, you are a whiney little man. And I mean that quit literally." This after telling me only yesterday, "I hope you know that I wish you only happiness, so please take what I am going to say in the spirit in which it was intended...I say this with friendship in my heart..."


What kind of person does this? I dunno. I treated her like royalty and this is my reward. I guess it makes her feel better to tell me what I already know about a certain body part of mine. Hey, I am what I am. I'd never in my life insult a woman's body. To me, it's perhaps the lowest thing a guy can do. But that's just whiney me, I guess. And damn, I really wish I hadn’t bought her those $200 pair of Oakley sunglasses.

10 Comments:

  • I have to admit, you really seem like such a classy well-put together man - (looks & attitude), I wish you all the best & enjoy your new relationship with that beautiful woman!! You deserve it!

    Lori (honeydrizzled@hotmail.com)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM, June 15, 2006  

  • I agree with Lori.

    Surround yourself with happy, positive people and great things will come.

    You don't have to defend yourself to anyone.

    Thanks for sharing both the ups and downs with us, you are not alone. Whether this one works out or not, I'm glad it made you happy right now.

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:18 AM, June 15, 2006  

  • Was this the gal you went out with while your sister was in town?

    Nasty girl...

    Good Luck

    Fredo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM, June 15, 2006  

  • geesh man, stop playing the victim already. it's lame.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM, June 15, 2006  

  • Anon, you can leave any time. You've made your point over and over. I'm lame. I get it. Yet you keep reading. Hmmm. Good luck with Peach.

    Your lame and whiney friend, Plantation.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 11:49 PM, June 15, 2006  

  • I don't get the point in leaving mean comments if you don't bother to leave a name. Fo' real, yo.

    Ughhhhh.

    And T, SUNGLASSES? *shakes head*

    I'll keep the books. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM, June 16, 2006  

  • A few observations:

    Ms. Stacy Peach did name her blog Immediate Gratification, so her first date antics (while icky, I'll grant you) shouldn't necessarily shock. Take it as a compliment that she waited until the second (?) date to go condom hunting with you.

    It was probably a waste of time to try to be friends. The relationship was short and her break-up line must have felt bogus to you on some level. Not exactly buddy material.

    Finally, she does sound just a tad scary. Hide your pet bunny and park your car in a different location scary, if you follow me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM, June 16, 2006  

  • Hadn't talked to you in awhile, and thought I'd see how you were. I see.
    How bout them' Mavs? *wink*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM, June 18, 2006  

  • so if a woman's sexual , she's some kind of slut.....not so for a guy...I don't really get that (?)


    - an old friend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM, June 26, 2006  

  • Old friend, she told me she was not going to date any more and that she was gonna concentrate on her daughters who were complaining she was always too busy. 3 days later, I read her drunken sexcapade story. What disgusted me was the fact that she lied to me and it wasn't even close.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 5:36 PM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home