.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

June 01, 2006

GOODBYE KATIE


photo courtesy of Richard Drew, AP

Today will indeed be different. Sadly, a little empty. I’m not a big news show guy, but I’ve grown accustomed to watching the fabulous Katie Couric each workday morning on The Today Show. I’m gonna miss her. People often ask me what qualities I look for in a woman. I don’t know when, but it hit me one day that Katie has those qualities. She’s intelligent, funny, serious, silly, witty, infectious, courageous, caring, genuine, adventurous, down-to-earth, and attractive. I’ve admired her ability to do both serious and funny interviews and news stories with equal aplomb. The Today Show can’t possibly be the same again, and that’s a shame. I’ll miss her presence, her banter with Matt Lauer, her ever-changing hair style, her squeaky laugh, and most of all I’ll miss that big smile.

I've always had this pipedream that she'd interview me on the show discussing my book. Crazy, isn't it? I’m a big fan, Katie Couric. Goodbye and good luck at CBS.

4 Comments:

  • Hey! She's single (last I knew, I don't really try to keep up!) Give her a call, let her know you're working on a book, pitch a story lead to her about interviewing someone "in the process"! Why not?!

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:16 AM, June 01, 2006  

  • I know it was indeed sad to see her go. She reminds me of Peter Pan. She'd ask the questions and say things your not supposed to say on air.

    I had the show on this morning and it just wasn't the same

    By Blogger Sass, at 1:42 PM, June 01, 2006  

  • But for the time that my cousin dragged me to stand outside of the studio on a freezing late-November day, I don't think I have ever seen the Today show.

    Am totally a Good Morning America kid.

    I am totally out of the loop on the whole end-o'-Couric at Today thing!

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM, June 02, 2006  

  • I'll miss Katie in the mornings, too. But now there's finally a reason to turn on the evening news! While I'll miss her in the morning, I'm so proud of her for breaking one of the last remaining glass ceilings in media. Congratulations, Katie!!

    By Blogger Elizabeth Krecker, at 12:55 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home