.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 07, 2006

ON TAP

MONDAY: Time for a new pair of glasses. It's been nearly two years, and I need a new prescription. I've been looking at these frames. Which ones do you think will look good on me?

TUESDAY: It’s hard to believe I’ve been blogging here for 18 months. From humble beginnings, my counter at the bottom of the blog tells me I’m at nearly 99,700 hits. I’m guessing by Tuesday, one lucky reader will be my 100,000th. I think I’ll send the lucky winner a Plantation CD.

WEDNESDAY: Concert time. Looking forward to seeing James Blunt.

THURSDAY: I haven’t run a race since the 6th grade. I’m running in a Corporate 5K event at 7 pm. Heck, it’s only 3.1 miles. That's a walk in the park for my dear friend Sass, but for me it's a marathon. My goal is to run it in under 30 minutes.

FRIDAY: Recovery from Thursday.

8 Comments:

  • Split Thread

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 6:10 AM, May 08, 2006  

  • Race tips:

    1- eat pasta the night before the race.
    2- hydrate before race day. it will be humid and muggy.
    3- hydrate during the day before race time.
    4- stop drinking water/fluids two hours before race time
    5- visit the can before race time. you dont want that feeling while running.
    6-eat some fruit after the race. a banana will hydrate you quickly and help you on the road to recovery.

    good luck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM, May 08, 2006  

  • Monday - Wiretap. They look a bit MI:3 to me :)

    Tuesday - Woo hoo to number 100,000!!!

    Wednesday - What venue? Sold out?

    Thursday - I did that exact Corporate Run 3.1 miles, but I ran, walked, ran, walked it. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I think Anon's tips are perfect. You may not even need to recover. G'luck!

    By Blogger Caterina, at 1:22 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • his voice creeps me out - but he IS beautiful

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • Cat/Peach:Thanks for glasses input. They didn't have either Wire Tap or Split Thread. Check the link. I got the Soft Tail in a black frame.
    Cat: I'd imagine it's sold out (Hard Rock)
    Anon: Thanks for race tips. I need all the help I can get.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 8:46 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • Good Luck! Tell us how you made out. We all have our comparative marathons..is all relative.

    By Blogger Mother of Invention, at 9:34 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • Flaco:

    I put in the race tips. I forgot to sign before posting.

    Yep. I left Accumen... I work for CSI..

    www.controlsolutions.com

    Let me know if you want to play some golf in the next few weeks.

    I'll mail you my contact..

    Fredo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • Great race tips from Anon. I'll add one more: pace yourself! I did a 5k last year with the same goal. I ran with a friend who is much faster than me, and went out too fast and ended up walking in the end. I made it in just barely 30 minutes, but couldn't walk for DAYS. And DAYS. And DAYS!

    Pace yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home