.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 03, 2006

FOR GOODNESS SAKE


One of my favorite places to shop is The Fresh Market. Their slogan fits perfectly, "For goodness sake." It's similar to Whole Foods. Yeah, it's gourmet and more expensive, but to me it's totally worth it. I'm happy to pay more for fresh meats, fish, and produce. But I *do* have my limits. Take this week's special for example:


I mean..guys...uuh...errr...ummm...for goodness sake!

P.S. Yes, I did steal the little sign.

8 Comments:

  • Can you request paying the regular price?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM, May 03, 2006  

  • I love fresh market here we have whole foods and central market. but i miss the yogurt malt balls from central market.

    By Blogger Sass, at 10:52 PM, May 03, 2006  

  • Hey now that you are rich, what the heck splurge...

    BTW isnt this the spot where Mariela shops as well. Hmmm...

    Have a good time ( with Kimo accent)

    A.

    By Blogger Alfredito Rivera, at 12:11 AM, May 04, 2006  

  • My husband drags me there (Fresh Market).

    However, I am lost as to what a STUBBS is?? I see that it says sauces & marinades, but....STUBBS? Duh me.

    By Blogger Caterina, at 8:35 AM, May 04, 2006  

  • Don't feel bad, Cat - not only did I not know what a Stubbs was, I had to read the little sign 12 times before I realized what was wrong with it.

    By Blogger Eatapeach, at 9:33 AM, May 04, 2006  

  • Cat, it's a BBQ sauce. I like the brand.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 10:14 PM, May 04, 2006  

  • Thanks! I googled it and read all about STUBBS (from Texas).

    By Blogger Caterina, at 10:59 AM, May 05, 2006  

  • Yay, your site is working for my today! :-)

    I am totally with you regarding paying higher prices. We have 100% converted to whole foods. I happily pay a little more to give them my money. MUCH better foods and much friendlier staff too!

    Maybe thats a typo...regular should be $2.99...maybe??

    By Blogger Mrs. Architect, at 4:45 PM, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home