.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

December 06, 2005

HISTORY POP QUIZ

OK all you self-proclaimed trivia buffs. Can anyone tell me what important historical TV event happened on December 9th, 1965? I’ll give you a hint. It’s holiday season-related. I’ll give you a minute to think about it…queue.. the Jeopardy music…

It’s one of my all-time favorite shows and some of the most entertaining 30 minutes (OK, maybe 22 net of commercials) one could ever ask for. I don’t think it matters what race or religion you are. You’re bound to enjoy it. I swear I’ve watched this classic every year since it’s been on; it’s got everything. Stage performances, dancing, an unbelievable soundtrack, humor, poignancy, impersonations, religion, chorus singing. Wow! Some show, huh?

Of course, I’m talking about the timeless classic, A Charlie Brown Christmas. I don’t know what it is about that TV special that makes me laugh year after year. Perhaps all of the above. We all know the famous Charlie Brown Christmas song, the Vince Guaraldi piano instrumental known to us closet Peanuts fans as “Linus and Lucy.” I remember Snoopy’s animal imitations, the classic Christmas play scene where you’ve got some of the funniest dance moves ever seen, Shroeder’s 'Jingle Bells,' CB’s poor little tree, Linus’ Christmas speech, it goes on-and-on.

So tonight on your local ABC channel, gather the family and friends and make sure you catch this classic. I guarantee you’ll feel warm and fuzzy when it’s over.


EDITOR'S NOTE: TV Land named this memorable show #56 on the 100 most memorable TV moments of all-time.


Posted by Hello





4 Comments:

  • Damit PT, now I've got that feckin' Guaraldi song stuck in me bloody head.
    (I suppose it's better than that U2 crapola that lodged itself in my brain yesterday).

    STILL! I'm going around all day humming it.
    The horror...the horror...
    (actually, a note here: I am quite fond of the music in CB).

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 12:09 PM, December 03, 2004  

  • LX,

    Everyone should own the CB Christmas CD. Every song is, pardon the David Banya from Seinfeld tag line, "gold." The opening song "Skating" is brilliant with the images of kids skating and Snoopy horsing around.

    Trivia (hey, I can't help myself), Guaraldi had a billboard instrumental hit called "Cast Your Fate to the Wind." It was remade by a group called "Sounds Orchestral." Great song, my friend.

    By Blogger Plantation, at 1:18 PM, December 03, 2004  

  • Brings back memories PT... Thanks for bringing them back.

    By Blogger Smiles, at 1:56 PM, December 06, 2005  

  • That is next in queue on my Netflix list! I cant wait!!

    By Blogger Mrs. Architect, at 4:12 PM, December 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home