.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 10, 2005

YESTERDAY

Woke up at 6.
Left the house at 7.
Got to work at 8.
Reviewed someone’s shitty-ass work for 7 hours.
Missed Lunch.
Meeting for an hour.
Another meeting for an hour.
A 5-hour meeting in which I found out my company is no longer making the project decisions. Why we're even here now is beyond me? Meeting included reviewing a process that has been reviewed 20 times already and had verbal approval from the external auditors. But these new guys think they know it all. So they make changes. And so we’ll go back and make changes. And then the shit will go to the auditors. And then they will ask, “why is this different?” And then they will tell us to change it back. So we’ll change it. And we’ll submit it back to them. And then they’ll think of something else. So they’ll send it back. We’ll change it, submit it. Then their Director will come down from NY and ask a whole different set of questions. So we’ll get it back again. We’ll make changes…

Do you get the point? I don’t. I almost walked out yesterday. Honest to god. If I didn’t have alimony and child support, I’d have quit for sure.

Drove home at 10.
Got home at 11.
Had some Whole Foods Sushi, talked with my dear friend, and collapsed on the couch fully-clothed.

It’s 8 a.m. and I’m back for more.

Sarah concert review forthcoming…


P.S. Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. I haven’t even had a chance to respond to them.

5 Comments:

  • I am actually very impressed you managed Whole Foods sushi. After a day like that, it would've been cereal for dinner. Or taco bell.

    An hour commute... that SUCKS!!! Agg, I"m so sorry for the shit you're going through.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:17 AM, May 10, 2005  

  • Oh, PT! You poor soul.

    We best find you some hot new music for your commute. Shall we start with the new Dave Matthews Band CD?

    I think so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 PM, May 10, 2005  

  • You can't keep it up; it's not a pace that humans can handle for long. Something has to give, before something breaks. You might as well be the one in control, right my dear?

    By Blogger JuRiScHiCk, at 12:56 PM, May 10, 2005  

  • I agree with Jurischick.

    You definitely need to slow down some.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM, May 10, 2005  

  • This is exactly why I left the corporate world to teach. Save your money, plan ahead, get your teaching credentials in order, then run like hell. And don't ever look back,

    By Blogger Fred, at 7:35 AM, May 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home