.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

May 01, 2005

RISKY BUSINESS


Posted by HelloYou know Bill [Ruthorford]? There is one thing I've learned in all my years... sometimes you gotta say, "what the fuck," make your move.

I had every intention of going to work today. I started my cleaning early this morning. Three loads of laundry, did the dishes, vacuumed and dusted, did the bathroom, toilet, tub, and all. Took out two bags of trash (I told you it was dirty!), and gave myself a buzz haircut.

I took a drive to get my dry cleaning which was two weeks overdue. Then went to get some money. I looked at my watch and it was already 2 p.m. I still had to get my car cleaned and washed and had to send my alimony check overnight. That meant I wouldn’t get to work until 3:30. I called over at work and one of the guys was there. I asked him to take a look and see if the auditors were there. He walked over and said it was all dark in their conference room. I smiled to myself. No trip to work. {Insert Risky Business quote here}

I’m home now. The apartment smells fresh and clean. I’m gonna pay all my past due bills and chill out for a change. Mission accomplished. I’m feeling much better now. Sorry for the dear diary post.

15 Comments:

  • Enjoy the clean kitchen!!

    My house faces similar neglect and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Bills still need attention (thank God the mortgage is direct debit!), have yet to sleep in my real bed this week and I should be at work instead of lying in the sun and ignoring the file propping up my swollen ankle. ~K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM, May 01, 2005  

  • Sometimes you have to put yourself and your life first. I have a little stickie on my monitor at work that says: "Work isn't your life, it's only how you fund it".

    By Blogger Denise, at 7:06 PM, May 01, 2005  

  • at least you arent whining about some chick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM, May 01, 2005  

  • omigosh,we are living the same life and that is scarey!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 AM, May 02, 2005  

  • Started laughing out loud when I read about your 2-weeks-old dry cleaning. I have come to the realization that anything I take in to the cleaners will not be picked up until the next time I have to take something to the cleaners. I feel like I am abandoning my clothes.

    P.S. My blog is called The Tragic Demise of an American Dream...I guess we have different outlooks on it, lol

    By Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy, at 9:23 AM, May 03, 2005  

  • Denise - I, too, have a stickie on my monitor at work that reads "Dubya Tee Eff"

    I think Plantation needs to embrace the WTF attitude more often. Good job! What the fuck's all around!

    By Blogger Caterina, at 2:29 AM, May 04, 2005  

  • Faaaaaack! It took me too g.d. long to figure out what "Dubya Tee Ef" meant.

    I was going down a political slant.

    I want those 4 minutes of my time back. Denise, you are responsible...I'll expect this chunk of time by weekend's arrival.

    Thank you.

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 5:32 PM, May 04, 2005  

  • Robotnik, why is Denise being held responsible?

    By Blogger Caterina, at 5:54 PM, May 04, 2005  

  • because she was the impetus for my struggling with that Dubya thing.

    Plus, it was a joke. Really. The sarcasm just didn't drip out of that one right.

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 7:33 AM, May 05, 2005  

  • P.S. Scratch that. I'm losing my mind. It's YOU Gatoreena who is responsible.

    Ah feck it. I'll take 4 minutes from you AND 4 minutes from Denise.

    So there.
    My bad. I'm working on a few hrs. of sleep in the last week.

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 7:34 AM, May 05, 2005  

  • S M I L E

    Robotnik made me laugh.

    By Blogger Caterina, at 8:59 AM, May 05, 2005  

  • Hmmm... I read this a couple days ago and could've sworn I posted on it, but I guess I was wrong! Anyway, I love those days that you get a lot accomplished... it's such a great feeling!! And I agree, sometimes you should just say, fuck it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:07 AM, May 05, 2005  

  • I move that Feck It should be the default. Everything else gets built up from that.

    P.S. PT, the new Coldplay song (Speed of Sound) is unbelievable--if you like that branch of Brit Pop.

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 1:15 PM, May 05, 2005  

  • yeah!! name that tune! "takin' it back, I'm takin' it back, takin' back my life"

    By Blogger squarepeg, at 3:11 PM, May 06, 2005  

  • I also identify with the dry cleaning issues....I always forget to bring them in.
    And teh housecleaning issues. I was forced to do some vaccuuming of the hardwood floors in my house before the dust bunnies ate my shoes.

    By Blogger Lyss, at 1:51 PM, May 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home