.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

April 04, 2005

TAG, I’M IT AGAIN

My new blogger friend Crystal Clear has tagged me. This go around, it’s a literary quiz. She wants to learn more about me. Ugh. I’m somewhat embarrassed since I’ve not done much reading since I’ve been writing so much. Nonetheless, I’m a gamester so I’ll play on.

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Per review of previous quizzes, this could mean, "what book would you want burned," or what book would you like to have memorized."

Burned: He’s Just Not That Into You. I’m sorta tired of hearing about this book, aren't you?

Memorized: The Bible. I’m so inept in this area; I could really use a refresher.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

I’m assuming the question if book-related. I honestly can’t think of anyone.


The last book you bought is:

Well, believe it or not, it’s been almost a year since I bought my last book, “How to Heal Depression,” by Harold Bloomfield, MD

What are you currently reading?

Shamefully, I’m not currently reading any books. I’m reading my favorite blogs and an occasional Wine Ethusiast magazine.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you want to read.

My ex has all my books. It would be nice to figure out this question by looking at all the books I’ve read. In the absence of that:

1 The Complete Peanuts 1950-2000, Charles M. Schultz. This is cheating a bit as the entire collection has not been issued. Still, I can’t hide my affection for my fav. Comic.

2 War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy. Never read it and it’s a million pages. Should keep me busy for a while.

3 Billboard’s Top Pop Singles 1955-2002, Joel Whitburn. 1000 pages of music trivia for Rain Man to memorize.

4 Cannery Row, John Steinbeck. Don’t know why I never got around to reading this one. I’ve read all his others and I’ve driven right past cannery row.

5 STRAIGHT UP AND DIRTY: The Life of a Young New York Divorcee, Stephanie Klein. I had you worried that I was gonna forget about this one, didn’t I?

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

1 Denise of Do you have that in my size??? Hoping this will brighten her day and give her something fun to do.
2 Michelle of Just Me, Myself, & I. Same as Denise.

3 Robotnik of Auf! Auf! Alexsandr. Who else? The Ken Jennings of literature.

5 Comments:

  • I don't usually do these "memes" or whatever the feck they call them, but because this pertains to lit. I'll bite. Here we go:

    1. Book to burn: Either "A Year in Provence" (Peter Mayle--insufferable) or "Under the Tuscan Sun" (Frances Mayles--insufferable twice over)
    2. Crush on Fictitious Character: Melanie Hamilton (Gone With the Wind)
    3. Last book bought: John Updike's Complete Collection of Short Stories
    4. Curently reading: #3 above, Kafka's "The Castle" and Roddy Doyle's "Barrytown Trilogy"
    5. Stranded on a desert island books:
    a. The Sun Also Rises-Papa Hem
    b. Down and Out in Paris and London-George Orwell
    c. War & Peace-Leo T.
    d. The Life of Pi-Yann Martel
    e. A book about surviving on a desert island, you know, with all kinds of fecking tips on how to catch fresh water, start a fire, etc.
    6. I'm passing on passing.

    (fun post)

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 8:18 PM, April 04, 2005  

  • P.S. I would like to take a moment here and say I do not in any way physically resemble Ken Jennings.

    By Blogger (S)wine, at 8:19 PM, April 04, 2005  

  • I guess I'd best get over to my email to accept the invite, huh?

    By Blogger Denise, at 8:27 PM, April 04, 2005  

  • Well, I suck. The last "books" I read were Cosmo, Glamour and Maxim. Duh. Ya'll are to smahrt fur me. ;)

    By Blogger betsy, at 2:57 PM, April 05, 2005  

  • You're a sweet bean. And, you never have me worried.

    By Blogger Stephanie Klein, at 5:34 PM, April 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home