.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chasing The American Dream

November 20, 2004

ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND

OK Mary Tyler Moore fans. Remember when Lou Grant opened up his own tavern? Remember his grand opening? It was a total bomb. He tried to get his patrons to sing Alexander's Ragtime Band. Do you recall the words? Something like, "C'mon along. C'mon along. Alexander's Ragtime Band. C'mon and hear. C'mon and hear. It's the best band in the land."

I hope my grand opening doesn't bomb, and I welcome and invite you to c'mon along and 'hear' my posts. You'll find my world is filled with quotes from songs, movies, and TV Shows. To my fellow bloggers, I offer you this musical quote by Lifehouse from the song "Unknown." "I am falling into grace, to the unknown to where you are..." Try not to laugh. I'm only a beginner. Hmm, on second thought, why not complete the trio with a movie quote. Remember what Samantha said to Large in "Garden State?" She said, "If you can't laugh at yourself, life's going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like."

P.S. Thanks Kvetch and NYNY for the inspiration and NYNY for my "Plantation" nickname!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home